On our last full day, we went to Pagsanjan falls. It is about 2 hours away from Manila, and it was a beautiful drive. It was nice to see things besides cars and buildings, open space, amazing trees and greenery. We got into a little boat with 2 boat men called Bankeros. They are so small, about the size of my mother, but surprisingly strong.

They start paddling us up stream and through the beautiful jungle. I kind of went a bit photo crazy, so here are just a few.

The weather was perfect, nice and warm, not too hot. We saw some turtles, tons of birds and some monkeys jumping through the trees.

So they paddle us up stream, and when it gets to shallow they get out and run you through the rocks, pulling and pushing through the rapids...



In some of the bigger rapids they had put bars across the rocks and made steps up the stream. The Bankeros would lift up the boat, with us still in it and move us up the river.

The falls where really neat and very loud. We road another raft and went behind the falls into a little cave were the men folk got off and took a dip in the water.

The water was quite nice and it was really soft water.... so Jeff said.

And this is us on the way back down the river... hope you don't get motion sickness watching it!!
On the way back home we stopped at a members home/shop where he makes amazing wood carvings of church images. He has some of Joseph Smith, Captain Moroni, Angel Moroni, and some beautiful ones of the Savior...

He was so skilled at what he did, so we had to pick a couple up! I think they are my favorite things we brought back.... they are priceless to me now.
3 comments:
Yet another great post. Loved the footage, why I never think of that?? Wonderful post about Frank the carver as well. You take very fine pictures sister, very fine, plenty fine.
Wow that scenery is gorgeous!! I want to see something like that in real life, not just a pic.
It looks like you guys had a blast. What an amazing trip. I check out your parents blog if I ever get a spare moment. They are both so awesome and such a great example. I have a brother-in-law that is a police officer in Calgary and I told him all about your Dad and what a great family you are. It is a great strength to him. FUN TRIP!
Post a Comment