Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Thanks...

We hope everybody had a great thanksgiving... I know we had a good one! With my parents gone and Jeff's parents on holiday we thought we were going to be out of luck this year.... heaven forbid I cook a turkey!!! But thanks to some good family we had 2 invites! We headed down south on Sat morning and droped the kids off at my cousins house so that Jeff and I could hit the temple (thanks Suzy), we ran into a few people there, and then back to Raymond to pick up the kids. We stayed at my Grandparents house in Lethbridge Saturday night. The kids love to stay there and wrestle with Grandpa Amen and love the treats that Grandma always has for them. Bauer had corn on the cob for the first time and LOVED IT. He was going nuts, I think he ate 3 or 4 half cobs!( On a side note we just gave him a hair cut and he lloks just like my dad now.... we should just start calling him John jr.) On Sunday the rest of the Fam came over and we had a tasty Turkey dinner and the kids ran around with their cousins. Sunday night we drove to HillSpring and stayed at my Aunt Connie's house. It was so sad to drive past The meadows and know it was just anoher house.... The kids love the farm, the kids played outside most of the day and found some new kittens.
My cousin Brette gave me some tips for our new camra, so I kinda went crazy on the pictures... I only posted a few.
Bauer loved the horse, he was always going over and feeding him. He has no fear. We really had to keep an eye on him, he would wonder over to the cows, tractors.. anything that could squash him flat really intrested him.

Uncle Larry was kind enough to take our little farmer Griff on the tractor.... he loves everything farm related. Then we had another Turkey dinner there on Monday afternoon..... with lots of pie!! We wish we could have stayed down south for some more fun.... Thanks to everyone for taking us in on the Holiday!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had fun out in hillspring, shelby would have been sooo jealous she loves farms too.

David and Cheryl said...

No problem at all! I'm glad that he was able to help! I'd love to get your phone number and chat sometime. Ours is still the same.
cherylcwalker@yahoo.ca (if you want a safe place to send your number to :o) )