Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Some more summer fun

The 2nd Weekend of July we went back down to the Meadows for an Amen reunion (that is my moms family). We went down the river, pony rides, hit the Temple, a pinata, and a ton of food. It is always nice to see everybody.We got home did some wash, Jeff worked and then the next weekend we went to Kimberley for about 5 days. Jeff's parents have a place there, we are trying to think of a name for it... I'm thinking The Peaks... Anyway... It is always so much fun. We went to there parade (almost as good as HillSpring!!) and saw the sights in the square or Platzel.Jeff and I went golfing one day. I am starting to like it, I can finally get the ball a little airborne, Jeff also went with his dad one day, and did some really golfing. We hit the beach, Wasa lake is about 20 mins away. The kids had so much fun there. I am always surprised at how much sand can hide on a baby!!
Griff wouldn't get out of the water the whole time. And was very excited because it was his first time peeing on a tree. I guess this was a big day for him.


Jeff calls this Bauer's body builder pose.

Abbey making soup.


They have the best ice cream store ever!! So cheap and huge cones! We love to go and have dinner there one night, and then have dinner for dessert. This is the before picture, it got messy very fast!

While we were there I got a phone call from my sister saying that my uncle had been bucked off a horse and trampled. He was about as close to dying as you can get, he was rushed up to Calgary ICU and it has been a miracle recovery. He still has a ways to go, but he is now out of the ICU and walking with a walker. During the first 3 hours after he was first injured he went through 12 units of blood, (the body can hold 10 units) and more during surgeries. My aunt has asked my family to give blood if they can to show our thanks. I've always been to scared to go before, but have a very strong desire to go now. Anyone want to join me?!

1 comment:

Laura Leavitt said...

It looks like you guys have been having so much fun. I love the pics of you and your kids. You always looks so good too. I am lucky these days if my hair makes it into a messy pony tail. I was hoping you were going to do the memory tag because of thought of some fun ones we had. I will write them anyways. I will Survive...is all I have to say. Girls camp...h2dump(I think) perfume....EFY, having a crush on Cameron. Hanging with Troy Dunn, sining GAston on the stage at church( about no one in paticular..heehee), dances and dances. Getting pictures done right after the big sleepover and ne you and Carrie all looked like we had not slept in forever. H2O. Our frog neckalces...I could go on adn on....So fun.