Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Just the two of us... kinda

The last part of July mom and dad W were kind enough to watch the kids and we went south..... to HillSpring. As most know my parents are going on a mission in about a week now and they are renting out there home while they are gone. So we went to help them pack up.... well Jeff mostly, they saved the heavy stuff for "us" to help move. We went down Sunday night played a mean game of shoot the moon (the girls won). Monday morning we packed then that afternoon my parents and us went to Waterton. It was a beautiful day. We skipped some rocks...... saw the wildlife... those deer are not even kind of scared of people....
.... Went for a swim... well Jeff did... my dad said he wouldn't....... he sure showed him.... dad had to buy him a cone...







... we walked to the falls...




and had a few Kodak moments....
Tuesday morning meant more packing, then in the afternoon I was able to talk my parents into going tubing down the river with us... no pictures, but it was lots of fun. I think it was my moms first time in a long time. Then back to Calgary. I love my kids, but it was nice to go and see my parents without having to worry about naps, dinner, and 7:30 bedtimes. We had a lot of fun just talking and playing, getting someone on one time in before they go. Thanks to Jeff for lifting and loading, mom and dad W for sitting on our kids... and to mom and dad G for making time to play. We will miss you a ton, and miss coming to the Meadows to unwind, but we are so proud of what you are going to do. Good luck and we love you!!





2 comments:

Laura Leavitt said...

that sounds like so much fun. I love waterton. I agree...as much as you love your kids it is nice to have a break. That is so neat your parents are off on a mission. They will do so great.

Laura Leavitt said...

p.s. I love Shoot the Moon