Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Staycation..




We have been busy doing the same old things, school, piano, playing, working, cleaning... staying busy, but I can't really remember what else we have been doing....
This week is 'spring' break, and we didn't really have anything planned.
I've been trying to think of things to do here, so last night I was able to talk Jeff into a day off, and a day trip to Banff!
We packed a picnic lunch and headed out... the kids were so excited.
We started out at the hotel or 'castle', depending on if you are a 7yr old girl.



We found a little trail and went for a hikeWe found a nice view so had our picnic

We saw some scenic views... I promise the kids had more fun then the pictures look..
please excuse the size of my rear... baggie snow pants and bad angle... right??
We toured main street...

Hit up the candy store...

soaked up some warmth in the hot springs...

And we were lucky enough to find the kids favorite 'fancy' restaurant
We love 'The old Spaghetti Factory'!
So far the break has been a success... now to keep us all sane and happy for the next few days!


1 comment:

bgibb said...

Fun! I've never been to banff. I think I need to.