Last Thursday (25th) Griff went in for his tonsils and adenoids. He was really excited to go, he thinks the new Children's is so much fun.... well he did, he was pretty happy when it was time to go home. Anyway this is Griff in his fun hospital jammies. The hospital is great , they had toys and books to keep him busy while we waited.

He did so well!! the recover nurse said he only cried once while he was waking up and that was when his Popsicle fell. They had him on some pretty good drugs, so he was pretty happy... in fact he got to sit and eat Popsicles and watch movies for the rest of the day so he was pretty happy! He didn't cry once about having a sore throat.
We had to stay over night, I thought Griff would be scared, but at about 7:00 that night he said mom can I have a kiss then rolled over and went to sleep. If the nurses didn't have to keep checking him I think he would have slept all night. I couldn't believe how quickly his breathing improved. He was, and still is so quite when he sleeps now, no more snoring and gasping for breath, it is so great! The next morning the nurse told us how lucky we were, I guess most kids have way more pain, but Griff was back to being Griff. They said he would need a week of down time, but it has been so hard to keep him home. By Tuesday he was not needing any pain meds, and is fine! So he is sleeping away better, and the is finally eating! Before it was a pain to get him to eat meals, but now he wants to eat all the time, he usually has 3-5 bowls of cereal or oatmeal for breakfast, he just eats and it is so neat to see!! Jeff makes dinner on Saturdays, so we had pancakes and eggs (always a favorite for the kids!), and Griff started to get really mad that there was no meat. We were in shock but the boy would not rest until he had meat so he had pancakes and hot dogs! We are just too happy he is eating! Anyway that was Griff's adventure we will post again about our move later.
Jeff snapped a picture of me catching a nap at the hospital.
3 comments:
Hey Jenn!! I never realized you had a blog! I'm glad you found mine. Poor Griff! Sounds like he did awesome!! I hope he's feeling all better now. Your kids are so cute!! And they're so big!
I think Griff's on to something with the pancakes and hot dogs... especially if you wrap the hotdog in the pancake. I wonder if you mix some ketchup into the pancake batter if it would taste more like a really hotdog but for breakfast... hmmm Jeff I hear a Franchise Possibility coming on!
Big Jon
Good job Griff! What a champ!
Post a Comment