I have a lot of things from the summer to catch up on... but before I do that...
Yesterday I had a bad day. My kids were fighting, Bauer was a space cadet, Deacon was teething, my house was a mess, and it didn't seem to matter how much I cleaned it was the same. I was feeling defeated in my life. It had no purpose, no reward. I wiped bums, nose's, counter tops, and tears. You know the drill, and I think most of us have been there before.
Well I woke up today and it was dark and rainy.... I even had to turn on the heat. I thought oh great, here we go again. I was holding Deacon and looked at him, he smiled at me and gave me the biggest, wettest, snotty-est open mouthed kiss right on my mouth, then pulled back and gave me a look like I was the best thing ever. Then Bauer came up... we have some potty issue there... he ran and sat on the potty and said ' Mom I am going potty for you (grunt), Mom,for you, (grunt), to make you happy I go on the potty, (grunt)... I did it!!! for you Mom' Well who can't love a good shout out from someone on the pot. And the older 2 are playing happily together...
I know it won't last long... and will probably end in tears.... but today is a good day. Most days have some good, I just need to look harder. My life still is not very exciting, but is there anything more important then what I am doing now? I can tell you I know that this is where I am supposed to be, doing what I am supposed to be doing. It will be hard, some days harder then others. It will seem tedious and long at times... but those snotty kisses, shout outs from the potty, and happy laughs from downstairs are worth it...

3 comments:
Adorable Jennie! We all have a lot of frustrating days, and for different reasons. I often feel like there's no purpose to what I do when I leave my little girl in the care of someone else for the day. But, I have to, and some days are bad, and some are good. Hope your day turns out better!
Bauer's quote from the potty is awesome. Way to capture the moment.
you are the greatest. Hang in there momma. Momma
Post a Comment