A lot of you already know the story.... but some don't so here it is. Feel free to skip over any parts that are to graphic.. So I had a Dr apt on Jan 8th my Dr checked me out and said I was 5cm dialated and she thought I would have the baby that weekend... I didn't, so I went back to the Dr the next week, I was still 5 cm, but now I was 100% effaced, she was sure I was going to have the baby right away... I didn't. So A week later I was back at the Dr. She checked me out again and then she burst out laughing... she said she couldn't believe how low the baby was sitting and couldn't believe that I hadn't had him yet, so they booked an induction date for a week later. I was not impressed, I tried everything to get that baby out... so I am now convinced that NOTHING works unless that baby has decided to be ready!
Anyway, a few days passed and nothing was happening. Sunday night (the 22nd) my mom showed up at the house saying she just had a feeling she need to come up. I told her she was just wasting her time because I was never going to have the baby. Monday was a normal day, Jeff called at about 4:00 to check on me, I told him that I was the same and that nothing was happening. At 4:15 out of the blue I had a contraction that just about brought me to my knees. Then I had another... My mom told me to call Jeff to come home from work, I told her not to worry because it was probably nothing, but I called anyway. I told Jeff that maybe he should head home, but no pressure 'cause I wasn't sure. A few min later I called back and said that he for sure need to come home. At 4:30 I called again and told him he need to meet us at the hospital. So we packed up the kids and mom drove me to Foothills. It was some pretty intense pain, and I wasn't sure I was going to make it to the hospital, mom was cooking down crowchild, and blowing through lights.
Jeff had a wheelchair waiting for me... we said goodbye to the kids and headed up to Labour and Delivery. It was just after 5:00 at this point. I was put in a room to check things out. The Nurse told me that I was 6 cm dilated. I was supposed to have an antibiotic so they went to start an IV... as soon as the needle went in my water broke, and I need to push. The nurse told me that I wasn't ready yet... but she would check again... I was now 10 cm. The nurse told me not to push we need a room and a doctor.... just breath through it...
They found a room and a doctor and out came baby, sucking on his fist. It happened so fast that I didn't get the antibiotics, or an epidural. It was pretty crazy! I had a bit of a bleeding problem after, but got all fixed up.
He was here at last Deacon Jeffrey Whitehead, 21 inch long and 8lbs 7 oz.
The first week was hard, but we are in a good routine now and he is eating and sleeping like a champ. The kids just love him, and Abbey has been a big help with the baby and Griff and Bo.

Deacon has been such a good baby so far... knock on wood... we feel so blessed to have another little baby in our home!
They think they are pretty funny... so we had to take one with Deac too..

I think he looks like Mr. Magoo...

I think he looks like Mr. Magoo...
4 comments:
Mini-Bauer!
Congrats on the new addition! Rachelle does labour at the same breakneck pace. It makes for exciting times.
congrats!! he is so adorable!! so excited for you guys!
Congrats Jennie! He's such a cute. Go Momma Gibb for taking Crowchild like a race car driver. :)
I love mr. magoo! that is so awesome!! I can't wait to meet him!!
Post a Comment