Dad Whitehead was able to trade some time at his Kimberley Condo for a week at The Hilton Hawaiian Resort on the west tip of Waikiki. It was amazing!
From the balcony of the room we had a private view of the beautiful Hawaii sunset.
Jen in front of the Penguin Cove at the resort.
On Sunday we attended Sacrament Meeting at the Hawaii Tabernacle. It was a very cool building, with interesting art, architecture, and vegetation.
One our favorite things we did all week was snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. Jen was a little cautious at first about swimming among the various sea life, but you couldn't pull her out of the water after experiencing it. The highlight was the sea turtle that joined us.
Lets not forget the fun we had just walking the strip, eating ice cream, and eating out. One of our favorite dinning experiences was Duke's, eating dinner and Hula Pie on the patio at sunset. We also could not get enough Shaved Ice.
Our last day we headed back to the North Shore to attend a session at the Hawaii Temple, and had a picnic at Turtle Bay.
It was an amazing week! We couldn't have asked for anything better. And I couldn't have asked for a better person to spend it with.
I definitely married up. The past 10 years I have been lucky to be with the girl of my dreams. She never ceases to amaze me. Throughout our ups and downs, 3 kids (soon 4), two careers, nearly 7 years of school, and 7 moves, we have managed to create many great memories, and have a lot of fun together . I can't wait for the rest of forever with Jennie.
1 comment:
Hula Pie!! I am jealous!
Looks awesome. Congrats on the milestone.
Post a Comment