I hope no one takes offense too this rant, and don't feel like you need to read it but....
I have a love/hate relationship with Technology. I will admit that we can do amazing things with it, some of it is so wonderful. The advances in medicine, conference broadcasts to all over the world, being able to talk to people all over the world. I know it made my parents mission easier on us. Emails to people in minutes rather then days. Keeping in contact with friends and family.... thank you facebook... I have been know to pop in a movie to keep my kids busy while I'm cleaning. I'm pretty sure Griffy learned the alphabet from some reading games online...If I have a question, there is good ol' google. You can youtube just about anything, from something funny to watch, to home improvement tips.If I'm stuck with a flat tire, I can call from my car for help. Cars are safer, things are just easier....
.... But.... I also HATE it.
I think it makes people soooo rude! I was at the mall the other day and was playing with Bauer in the playplace, there where little kids calling for their parents, begging for attention, and they were completely ignored because their parents were to busy on their phones. Texting, gaming, talking... there was one little boy wearing a leg brace and could only use one arm, he was trying to climb on the toys, but he needed help, he was calling to his mom... she was busy on her phone... he was so sad and went and sat in the corner crying because he need help... but she was on her phone... I felt so bad for him.... Which brings me to my rant... I HATE cell phones... as handy as they are, they bug me!! Maybe it is because nobody calls me on mine, or because I don't have internet on mine... but holy heck people... nobody is so important that they need to check their phone every few minuets... If I am having a conversation with you... then talk to ME... not to who ever you are texting. If you get a phone call, and you need to take it, excuse yourself. It seems wherever I look I see people with their phones out ignoring everyone else around them... and we wonder why people, and or children are starting to have poor communication skills! We don't know how to talk to people anymore, there are so many good articles on communication breakdown... because of our over use of cell phones.
So yes I find them annoying, but there is also danger there... I won't go into to much detail but I will say this... more for youth I hope adults don't do this but... Sexting... enough said there I think... and if you have web connection everywhere you go... and if you struggle with certain addiction... here you have your very own portable hand held pornography device... and I will stop there too....
Not to mention the addiction that can come from video games, tv, facebook...
I am not perfect, I have been guilty of looking some thing up while my kids want me, of checking my phone while talking to someone... but I think there needs to be some etiquette with all this new stuff we have in our lives... so if you are ever talking to me and I start texting... feel free to give my hand a slap...

.... But.... I also HATE it.I think it makes people soooo rude! I was at the mall the other day and was playing with Bauer in the playplace, there where little kids calling for their parents, begging for attention, and they were completely ignored because their parents were to busy on their phones. Texting, gaming, talking... there was one little boy wearing a leg brace and could only use one arm, he was trying to climb on the toys, but he needed help, he was calling to his mom... she was busy on her phone... he was so sad and went and sat in the corner crying because he need help... but she was on her phone... I felt so bad for him.... Which brings me to my rant... I HATE cell phones... as handy as they are, they bug me!! Maybe it is because nobody calls me on mine, or because I don't have internet on mine... but holy heck people... nobody is so important that they need to check their phone every few minuets... If I am having a conversation with you... then talk to ME... not to who ever you are texting. If you get a phone call, and you need to take it, excuse yourself. It seems wherever I look I see people with their phones out ignoring everyone else around them... and we wonder why people, and or children are starting to have poor communication skills! We don't know how to talk to people anymore, there are so many good articles on communication breakdown... because of our over use of cell phones.

So yes I find them annoying, but there is also danger there... I won't go into to much detail but I will say this... more for youth I hope adults don't do this but... Sexting... enough said there I think... and if you have web connection everywhere you go... and if you struggle with certain addiction... here you have your very own portable hand held pornography device... and I will stop there too....
Not to mention the addiction that can come from video games, tv, facebook...
I am not perfect, I have been guilty of looking some thing up while my kids want me, of checking my phone while talking to someone... but I think there needs to be some etiquette with all this new stuff we have in our lives... so if you are ever talking to me and I start texting... feel free to give my hand a slap...

5 comments:
I too find it super annoying to be trying to carry on a conversation with someone who is texting. Sometimes, I'll start asking them the details, like who are you texting, and what are they saying. They usually stop when I do that. I'll admit, I'm guilty of probably spending too much time playing games on my phone but I hope it's not to the point of rudeness or neglect. I usually only pull it out when I'm bored and alone.
agreed. now may I say, we are agreed?
I still want a burger. momma
seriously agreed, 1500 for your sacrifice. Jen you are correct on so many levels.
I am with you 100%!!!
thankyou for ranting. i could not agree more. im not into technology at all, so i dont get the whole phone thing!
Post a Comment