Saturday, May 16, 2009

Boracay Island Adventure

Two days after we arrived in Manila Jennie and I boarded a small plane to head to the world famous beaches of Boracay Island for a few days in paradise. It was a great adventure! The trip itself to the tiny island was better than a ride at Disneyland.

We took a propeller plane to the smallest airport ever. From there our escort helped us take a Trike to the boat docks where we took a little boat to Boracay, and small Jeepny to our resort. Our hotel was great, literally 20 feet to the crystal blue water, and white sandy beach.





It was so great to have this getaway where Jen and I could just relax and enjoy each others company! We spent alot of our time walking up the beach, laying on the beach, and playing in the water.






One day we took a glass bottom boat around the island and went snorkeling...the fish were awsome, I think our fovorites were the "Nemo's" (Clown Fish).


Another day we decided to do something we have always wanted to try...Parasailing. It was sooo cool, We took a little speed boat out about a KM off shore where we switched boats. They had a double parasail that we went up on. When we were at our highest could see the entire island.



The food was great! Every morning we went down and had breakfast brought to us on the beach. Every evening the tide would go out allowing all the hotel resteraunts to bring out there tables, chairs, buffets etc. right out onto the beach. We had a candle light dinner out on the water every night. One of the things we learned in the Philippines is how happy and eager to please the filipino's are. We were treated so well everywhere we went in Manila and Boracay.

Our favorate treat were the fresh Mango shakes...we made sure we had one at least once a day. Here is a shot of Jennie enjoying one of the best ones we had, mmmmmmm.

Boracay was a great time! We had so much fun...it was a truly unique experience.

4 comments:

J & P Gibb said...

Sweet action, glad you went, come again in feb.2010. Dad
I am glad you had such a nice time, it was just what you both deserved. Thanks again to GG Whitehead for BB sitting. momma

D said...

That really doesn't sound too bad at all. I am sorely tempted to take such a vacation myself.

Ashley said...

I believe I made my feelings perfectly clear on the phone. That is all.

Andi said...

Wow, so fun! An opportunity of a lifetime. Way to make the most of it!