Last summer
Jeffs Grandfather passed away, leaving behind some things for his family.
Jeffs mom kept
their bedroom set and she was going to send it to be refinished, turns out that it costs a lot of money.... so I said I would do it for them. My mom taught me how to refinish
furniture, but I haven't had a chance to do it in a couple of years. So I started... I forgot how much I liked to do it.... a break from the kids, and kind of a stress relief to do it. I would love to do it as a side business one day... once I have a garage!! So this was before..


and after, they haven't picked out the hardware yet but this is it with out the handles...

I forgot to take a
before of this one but it was similar... so if you need anything redone or finished let me know.....

I went up stairs to get dressed one morning to get dressed and came down to this. You can't really see the chocolate finger prints on the fridge, but they found out that I kept the chocolate chips in the
freezer.... is it just my boys or is this what boys do, make messes and eat!

We also set up our Christmas tree on Saturday, the kids were big helpers. Bauer was super excited to do the tree and of course was running around like a wild man. We think that it may be time for a new tree, we have had it since we've been married, it is looking.... small and old. The kids liked it, it was just there size to decorate. Anyway that was our week.....
3 comments:
ok, that furniture is classic, because I'm sure I've seen the exact same stuff in Tyler's parent's house. Good job. I remember your mom teaching a YW's activity once about refinishing furniture, but an hour and a half activity doesn't really cover a lot. I remember thinking, "this is interesting, I'd love to learn more" but that thought quickly left me until just now. Good on you. That'd be a great side business. One day, Tyler and I will get you to refinish the hand-me-down furniture we have. (ps, the word verification that I have to type is 'alist'...I guess I know where I stand in your books!)
I'm sure I could find some furniture for you to refinish! Those look great. Who knew you had such a talent.
So will you charge by the hour or by the piece, and if I need my windows washed too do I get a multi order discount :)
Post a Comment